Patient Advocate Associate – Collections
Who we are:
H-Wave is leading the way in drug-free rehabilitation and pain relief for those injured at work or at play. We are well-established in the work comp industry, with a solid reputation of results for over 25 years. H-Wave technology is used by over 100 professional sports teams in nearly every major sport, because nothing works better for creating immediate pain relief and sustained tissue recovery. It’s multi-functional electrical stimulation device intended to speed recovery, restore function, and manage chronic, acute or post-operative pain. It is a non-invasive drug-free alternative treatment option without harmful side effects. This unique technology stands apart from other electrotherapy modalities such as TENS, which only masks pain while the device is on, and traditional muscle stimulators; which use harsh signals and fatiguing muscle contractions to re-educate muscle. Whereas H-Wave is a rehabilitative device that focuses on addressing the root cause of symptoms and providing lasting, cumulative benefits; which patients can feel long after the device is taken off.
H-Wave is seeking a Patient Advocate Associate who has a background in collections or customer service dealing with workers comp adjusters and nurse case managers. The ideal candidate is a proactive and charismatic communicator who likes to get things done. Their outgoing, empathetic and have a unique ability to “read” people and situations effectively.
A day in the life of an H-Wave Patient Advocate Associate consists of seeking and obtaining authorizations and payments for prescribed treatments while educating and building relationships with Insurance adjusters and Nurse Case Managers. In this role, you’ll constantly build knowledge of each states rules and requirements as it pertains to Work Comp and Personal Injury claims making you an expert in your field.
Do you often find yourself influencing and persuading people often? Are you often able to problem solve your way through a positive outcome? If this sounds like you and if you live in Orange County, please complete our Culture Index Survey by copying our link below:
Here’s a snapshot of what you’ll do:
- Contact Insurance adjusters and Nurse Case Managers (Payors) to request authorization for prescribed treatment. Contact will be through phone, email and faxing and must be made every 2 or 3 business days.
- Build and facilitate working relationships with carriers through authorization and collections of authorized treatment.
- Educate adjusters and Nurse Case Managers on the H-Wave and explain the benefits this prescribed treatment will bring to the patient
- Familiarize themselves of the rules and regulations of each state they are handling and effectively communicate new information they discover
- Reach out to the patient as necessary
- Report their weekly activity to Supervisor
What you’ll need to get an interview:
- 1-3 years of customer service experience working with adjusters or nurse case managers
- High school Diploma or GED required
- Must be proficient in Outlook, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Effective Communication skills (written and oral)
- Detail oriented
- Authorizations experience preferred