Account Settlement Associate (Medical Collections)
Who we are:
H-Wave is leading the way in drug-free rehabilitation and pain relief for those injured at work or at play. We are well-established in the work comp industry, with a solid reputation of results for over 25 years. H-Wave technology is used by over 100 professional sports teams in nearly every major sport, because nothing works better for creating immediate pain relief and sustained tissue recovery. It’s a multi-functional electrical stimulation device intended to speed recovery, restore function, and manage chronic, acute or post-operative pain.
H-Wave is seeking an Account Settlement Associate who has a background in medical collections, more specifically working with DME and workers compensation claims. The ideal candidate has experience with data processing, money management, and/or maintaining payor relations. This candidate is proactive, thinks ahead, is driven, reacts quickly, and has a demonstrated history of persistence in influencing others.
A day in the life of an H-Wave Account Settlement Associate consists of calling adjusters, attorneys, and lien reps to negotiate the settlement of liens and outstanding balances, all while maintaining and building professional relationships.
Here’s a snapshot of what you’ll do:
- Work with Payors, (insurance adjusters, nurse case managers and attorneys) and develop/cultivate strong relationships with all customers.
- Educate payors on the H-Wave Unit.
- Receive incoming mail, review and determine if an action or response is required to be made in a timely fashion.
- Review explanation of reviews/benefits and bill codes to ensure proper codes for payment.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of the Total Care program and proactively uses selling and negotiation skills to identify eligibility and communicate program benefits to the customer.
- Regularly follow up on settlements and confirm payments are received.
- Review client accounts to ensure billing is accurate.
- Review accounts and identify trends with specific insurance carriers, states, and employers.
- Navigate difficult conversations with adjuster/payors
- Review client accounts and identify when to use third party intermediary vendors.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of our pricing agreements.
- Continuously reviews through client accounts and resubmit bills.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of medical and legal terminology applicable to vertical markets for WC and Auto Claims.
- Maintain up to date knowledge on state labor codes and guidelines to include: Laws governing collection efforts for durable medical equipment (H-Wave) and continued education workshops to gain more skills yearly.
- Delivers excellent customer service and meets the needs of all our customers while executing high volumes calls.
- Effectively build rapport and have thorough knowledge of the clients claim to effectively negotiate balances.
- Follow up on payments to ensure they are received.
What you’ll need to get an interview:
- 1-year medical collections, preferred
- Effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced business environment
- Delivers Excellent customer service and meets the needs of all our customers -this is shown through call recording reviewed by manager/supervisor
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Products: Email exchange, excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint