Who We Are:
H-Wave is a company that is “All-In”. We are “All-In” for our patient outcomes, family, and are passionate about what we do and our fight towards ending the Opioid Crisis. H-Wave believes in the value of the lives of our patients as we manufacture a multi-functional electrical stimulation device intended to speed recovery, restore function, and manage chronic, acute, or post-operative pain. It is a non-invasive drug-free alternative treatment option without harmful side effects.
We are a family-owned business providing life changing pain relief for 40 years and we treat our patients and employees like family. In addition to patient outcome, employee satisfaction is a top priority, and we strive to keep our work culture fun, rewarding, and motivating.
Because we are “All-In” in everything that we get to do, and we are looking for people who will be as passionate about our product, service, and work environment as we are!
Reporting to the VP of Finance, the Controller will be responsible for directing the accounting activities at Company and partnering with the executive team to ensure the accounting functions are designed, managed, and successfully led to enable our next level of business growth.
This individual must be a leader who is a change agent and driver of innovation, willing to challenge the status quo from both an operational and team perspective. You will play a critical role in ensuring we continue building a solid accounting function while partnering across the business to ensure our systems and processes are running smoothly.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the accounting team to ensure the effectiveness of all accounting operations, including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Inventory and Cost Accounting.
- Oversee and manage balance sheet accounts ensuring the accounting team has the training and resources to effectively manage transactions.
- Manage month/year end close process ensuring financial statement accuracy and meeting month/year end close timelines.
- Oversees the preparation of periodic financial statements, activity reports, and other financial related reporting.
- Ensures that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Responsible for cash management and risk management.
- Partner with other company leaders to support their business priorities.
- Collaborates with external auditors & accountants to provide information needed for the annual audit and taxes.
- Maintains knowledge of organizational procedures, federal and state regulations, and accounting standards.
- Streamline, maintain & improve processes and internal controls.
- Assist in the company’s budgeting process.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Business Administration required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Five years or more of related experience required.
- CPA designation highly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent and highly accurate math and accounting skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software, and specialized accounting software used by the organization.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Ability to travel as needed (rarely)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $150,000.00 – $175,000.00 per year