Who we are:
H-Wave is leading the way in drug-free pain relief and rehabilitation for those injured at work or at play. Our device is intended to speed recovery, restore function, and manage chronic, acute or post-operative pain. We are well-established in the work comp industry, with a solid reputation of results for over 31 years and have been used by hundreds of professional sports teams in nearly every major sport, because nothing works better for creating immediate pain relief and sustained tissue recovery. We’re more than just a device, we’re a service focused on quality patient outcomes.
H-Wave is seeking a Controller who will oversee the accounting department and partner with the executive team to ensure the accounting functions are designed, managed and successfully led to enable our next level of business growth. The ideal candidate will have a proven history in creating and managing the day to day accounting operations through a high growth phase while managing cost containment through that growth.
- Lead the accounting team to ensure the effectiveness of all accounting operations, including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, and Revenue Recognition.
- Oversee and manage balance sheet accounts ensuring the accounting team has the training and resources to effectively and manage transactions.
- Manage month/year end close process ensuring financial statement accuracy and meeting month/year end close timelines.
- Complete all tax data requests for local, state, and compliance debt covenants.
- Develop standard costing processes and account for variances to standard costs.
- Manage book and tax audit process with third party auditors.
- Prepare monthly departmental financial reports.
- Research and provide technical accounting advice to resolve issues ensuring adherence to GAAP.
- Partner with other company function leaders to support their business priorities.
- Develop and manage budget/planning process to ensure budgets are properly aligned with financial reporting requirements for meaningful variance analyses.
- CPA Required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required.
- 10+ years in progressively responsible accounting/financial leadership roles.
- Must have prior experience with standard costing and accounting for standard cost variances.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.