Desktop Support Engineer
Who we are:
H-Wave is leading the way in drug-free rehabilitation and pain relief for those injured at work or at play. We are well-established in the work comp industry, with a solid reputation of results for over 25 years. H-Wave technology is used by over 100 professional sports teams in nearly every major sport, because nothing works better for creating immediate pain relief and sustained tissue recovery. It’s a multi-functional electrical stimulation device intended to speed recovery, restore function, and manage chronic, acute or post-operative pain.
H-Wave is seeking a Desktop Support Engineer who’s role is to provide desktop support for core organizational functions. The ideal candidate will be be an expert communicator for both internal and external business partners. This person is analytical and has a knack for thinking outside the box. They are problem-solvers and like identify a variety of complex and more often than not routine issues. They communicate expertly and resolve desktop computer and phone issues resulting in maximizing the benefit of IT systems investments across the business enterprise.
A day in the in the life of a Desktop Support Engineer is spent receiving both in-bound and outbound calls responding to client’s support requests. You’ll constantly monitor, maintain, support, and optimize all desktop computer, phone software and associated operating systems.
If this sounds like a role you are interested in, we encourage you to apply via indeed or our website. Following our application, please complete our Culture Index assessment by using the link below:
A Snapshot of What You’ll Do:
- Responding to client support requests, managing Help Desk Tickets in a timely manner.
- Contacting clients to find out the nature of the problem.
- Troubleshooting desktop computer and or phone hardware and software issues.
- Installing and maintaining computer and or phone hardware and associated peripherals.
- Installing and upgrading operating systems and computer or phone software.
- Ensure connectivity of all desktop computers and phones via Direct Connect, Wireless Access Points and VPN Functionality.
- Manage all computer inventory, equipment allocated to employees and equipment maintained in the office.
- Advising on software or hardware upgrades.
- Manage desktop cyber security through phishing and hacking education. Manage the 3rd party application used to identify compromised emails.
- Providing basic training in computer operation and management.
- Interact with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to understand desktop computer or phone related requirements, request service & repair, preview new products and services.
- Completing job reports and ordering supplies.
What you need to get an interview:
- Computer Science or Engineering bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of Desktop Engineering experience, or a Technical Certificate with 7+ years of related experience.
- Windows OS in depth experience (Windows 10)
- Windows Imaging services for desktops and laptops
- Experienced with AD/GPO/Domain Admin to support on-boarding & Off-boarding of employees in a hybrid environment (Azure and On-Premise networks)
- Office 365 – Cloud with 2 Factor Authentication
- VPN technologies to support remote users
- MCSE completed or in progress with COMTIA A+ at a minimum
- COMTIA Security+ or similar security certification a plus
- VOIP Phone System experience, Mitel experience a plus
- Management of Help Desk Ticketing System
- Ability to solve complex hardware and software issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills