Director/VP of Accounting and Finance
H-Wave is a multi-functional electrical stimulation device intended to speed recovery, restore function, and manage chronic, acute or post-operative pain. It is a non-invasive drug-free alternative treatment option without harmful side effects.
H-Wave is seeking a Director/VP of Accounting and Finance who will oversee the accounting department, perform financial analysis, and partner with the executive team to ensure the finance and accounting functions are designed, managed and successfully led to enable our next level of business growth. The ideal candidate will have a proven history in creating and managing the day to day accounting operations while managing cost containment by analyzing financial data, making recommendations to leadership and managing the accounting processes and functionality of the department. A successful person in this role operates at a high level and is equally balanced between finance and accounting.
If you are interested, please complete our Culture Index Survey by copying the link below:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be able to create and transform raw data into repeatable and useful reports by using different SQL tables, queries and linking them together via pivot tables, and ensuring the underlying base data is sound and documented.
- Transition from a cash method of accounting to an accrual method.
- Expand chart of accounts to capture revenue and expense by vertical market.
- Review revenue recognition estimates on a monthly basis and adjust as needed.
- Create and maintain inventory management within the Syspro ERP system.
- Lead the accounting team to ensure the effectiveness of all accounting operations, including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, and Revenue Recognition.
- Oversee and manage balance sheet accounts ensuring the accounting team has the training and resources to effectively prepare and manage transactions
- Manage month/year end close process ensuring financial statement accuracy and meeting month/year end close timelines.
- Complete all tax data requests for regulatory compliance.
- Develop standard costing processes and account for variances to standard costs.
- Manage book and tax audit process with third party auditors.
- Prepare monthly departmental financial reports.
- Research and provide technical accounting advice to resolve issues ensuring adherence to GAAP.
- Partner with other company function leaders to support their business priorities.
- Develop and manage budget/planning process to ensure budgets are properly aligned with financial reporting requirements for meaningful variance analyses.
- CPA is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or related field
- MBA is a plus
- 10+ years in progressively responsible accounting/financial leadership roles.
- Executive leadership providing useful information to steer company into sustainable and improved profits.
- SQL reporting experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
This is a stationary position that requires frequent sitting or standing, repetitive wrist motions, grasping, speaking, listening, close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. It also may require occasional lifting, carrying, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending/stooping, twisting, pulling/pushing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching above the shoulder. Employees in this position must be physically able to efficiently perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to assist or enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position, upon request
- Base Salary
- Matching 401k
- Health/Life Insurance
- Optional Dental/Vision