Account Settlement Associate (Collections)
Who we are:
H-Wave is leading the way in drug-free rehabilitation and pain relief for those injured at work or at play. We are well-established in the work comp industry, with a solid reputation of results for over 25 years. H-Wave technology is used by over 100 professional sports teams in nearly every major sport, because nothing works better for creating immediate pain relief and sustained tissue recovery. It’s a multi-functional electrical stimulation device intended to speed recovery, restore function, and manage chronic, acute or post-operative pain. It is a non-invasive drug-free alternative treatment option without harmful side effects. This unique technology stands apart from other electrotherapy modalities such as TENS, which only masks pain while the device is on, and traditional muscle stimulators; which use harsh signals and fatiguing muscle contractions to re-educate muscle. Whereas H-Wave is a rehabilitative device that focuses on addressing the root cause of symptoms and providing lasting, cumulative benefits; which patients can feel long after the device is taken off.
H-Wave is seeking an Account Settlement Representative (Collector) who has a background in collections or experience with data processing, money management, and/or maintaining payer relations. The ideal candidate is proactive, thinks ahead, is driven, reacts quickly, and has a demonstrated history of persistence in influencing others. The nature of this position is best described as requiring some practical, common sense alternatives, but within the parameters of the job scope.
A day in the life of an H-Wave Account Settlement Representative consists of calling adjusters, attorneys and lien reps to negotiate the settlement of liens and outstanding balances, all while maintaining and building professional relationships.
Are you a task ninja and do have the ability to manage multiple tasks at once? Do you have a lot of drive and are you a goal crusher? If you live in Orange County and this sounds like the role for you, please complete our Culture Index Survey by copying our link below:
Here’s a snapshot of what you’ll do:
- Work with Payors, (insurance adjusters, nurse case managers and attorneys)
- Resubmit bills
- Learn State labor codes and guidelines
- Ability to make a high volume of phone calls
- Strong work ethic and self-starter
- Effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced business environment
What you’ll need to get an interview:
- 1-3 years of soft collections
- High school Diploma or GED required
- Ability to learn and navigate new software quickly
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical and Computer skills
- Be a team player, work and communicate respectfully with other departments
- Ability to read and interpret department documents when required