Patient Advocate Associate (Medical Collector)
Who we are:
H-Wave is leading the way in drug-free rehabilitation and pain relief for those injured at work or at play. We are well-established in the work comp industry, with a solid reputation of results for over 25 years. H-Wave technology is used by over 100 professional sports teams in nearly every major sport, because nothing works better for creating immediate pain relief and sustained tissue recovery. It’s a multi-functional electrical stimulation device intended to speed recovery, restore function, and manage chronic, acute or post-operative pain.
H-Wave is seeking a Patient Advocate Associate (Medical Collector) who has a background in workers comp or medical collections specifically dealing with adjusters on patient bills The ideal candidate is proactive, thinks ahead, is driven, reacts quickly, and has a demonstrated history of persistence in influencing others. The nature of this position is best described as requiring some practical, common sense alternatives, but within the parameters of the job scope.
A day in the life of an H-Wave Medical Collector consists of calling adjusters, attorneys and lien reps to negotiate the settlement of liens and outstanding balances, all while maintaining and building professional relationships.
Are you a task ninja and do have the ability to manage multiple tasks at once? Do you have a lot of drive and are you a goal crusher?
Here’s a snapshot of what you’ll do:
- Work with Payors, (insurance adjusters, nurse case managers and attorneys)
- Resubmit bills
- Learn State labor codes and guidelines
- Ability to make a high volume of phone calls
- Strong work ethic and self-starter
- Effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced business environment
What you’ll need to get an interview:
- 1-3 years of medical collections experience
- High school Diploma or GED required
- Ability to learn and navigate new software quickly
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical and Computer skills
- Be a team player, work and communicate respectfully with other departments
- Ability to read and interpret department documents when required