Software Application Developer
Who we are:
H-Wave is leading the way in drug-free rehabilitation and pain relief for those injured at work or at play. We are well-established in the work comp industry, with a solid reputation of results for over 25 years. H-Wave technology is used by over 100 professional sports teams in nearly every major sport, because nothing works better for creating immediate pain relief and sustained tissue recovery. It’s a multi-functional electrical stimulation device intended to speed recovery, restore function, and manage chronic, acute or post-operative pain. It is a non-invasive drug-free alternative treatment option without harmful side effects. This unique technology stands apart from other electrotherapy modalities such as TENS, which only masks pain while the device is on, and traditional muscle stimulators; which use harsh signals and fatiguing muscle contractions to re-educate muscle. Whereas H-Wave is a rehabilitative device that focuses on addressing the root cause of symptoms and providing lasting, cumulative benefits; which patients can feel long after the device is taken off.
H-Wave is seeking a Software Application Developer who is an excellent communicator, analytical and problem-solving expert. We’re looking for someone who has the skills to help identify, communicate and resolve software application and reporting issues to maximize the benefit of IT application investments across the business enterprise.
A day in the life of an H-Wave Software Application Developer looks like detailed design, implementation and testing of software applications, business reporting and integrations. Actively monitoring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing all application software and associated reporting subsystems.
Would you describe yourself as someone who thrives in an environment with consistency in process? Are you timely person who sets a schedule or a task list and is consistently dependable on your commitment to deadlines? Once you get to know how a task or process is done, do you find yourself known as the go to person?
This role is in Orange County and if this sounds like the role for you, please complete our Culture Index Survey by copying our link below:
Here’s a snapshot of what you’ll do:
- Work with IT Business System Analysts and stake holders to review and clarify business reporting requirements and software application goals. Work to identify and resolve reporting and business systems issues. Business systems to include but not limited to: Financial System, HRIS, Manufacturing & Shipping Systems, Office 365, Security System, Phone System, CRM, SQL and Ancillary Field Applications.
- Software application development of integration points where required by the business for software applications, any shared software, databases, groupware and other software applications.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to software application development, data definitions, file layouts, data mapping, integration processes and release cycles.
- Maintain software application code and data refresh schedules for the various software application non-production environments.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new software applications.
- Participate and support Change Control management efforts to ensure minimum downtime and minimal impact to the business with software application releases and upgrades.
- Provide communication and training documentation as needed to end-users for modified and new reports and software applications.
- Responsible for Help Desk Tickets assigned by the BSAs to the Software Development ticket queue to determine trends with end user issues. Self-initiate corrective actions where needed to minimize business impacts. Communicate in writing (following IT standard templates) findings with appropriate end-users with plan for resolution.
What you’ll need to get an interview:
- The Software Application Developer will have a Computer Science or Engineering bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of Software Development experience.
- Development experience in ASP.NET using VSS with C#.
- MVC and Visual Basic experience would be a plus
- SQL Server 2016, T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Views, SSIS, Bulk Loads and Linked Servers
- Experience in a Windows Server Enterprise Environment
- Expertise with various source control tools such as TFS, Red Gate, etc….
- Web development with HTML, CSS and ASP
- Familiarity with AD/sendmail/eFax functionality/Office 365
- Ability to support development efforts associated with a web application using ASP.NET & MVC
- Develop various reports and analytics using SSRS, SSIS and Power BI Tools
- SQL Data Warehouse Server 2016
- Proven experience with software application systems planning, security principles and general software management best practices such as SDLC.
- Strong knowledge of applicable data privacy best practices and guidelines.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into software application issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Familiarity with HIPAA Compliance in a healthcare environment is preferred