H-Wave is seeking a Sr. Accountant or Accounting Supervisor whose primary responsibility is to ensure the accounting operations within the department run smoothly while partnering across the organization to help establish key internal controls and processes.
We are looking for a candidate who has a demonstrated background in routinely managing the day-to-day accounting responsibilities to include reconciling bank accounts and statements, maintaining closing general ledger and preparing month-end closing procedures. This person will have experience in developing and ensuring consistency with accounting internal controls.
This ideal candidate will have a strong background with inventory and full accrual accounting and have successfully passed external audits. They have a knack for ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all accounting tasks. They are detailed and regularly produce error-free accounting reports.
If this sounds like the role for you, please complete our Culture Index Survey by completing our assessment and application below:
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop, document, and maintain business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Assist with directing internal and external audits to ensure compliance.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principals.
- Develop and manage the on-going process for account reconciliations on all balance sheet accounts.
- Process account reconciliations.
- Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounts systems and procedures.
- Consistently review coding for AP invoices; develop and maintain processes that require manager approval for invoicing to include follow up procedures that require saving copies of invoices and approvals to the H-Wave company drive.
- Develop and maintain the accounting controls through H-Wave’s propriety patient software as it relates to month end close.
- Assist in preparing journal entries and reviewing monthly financials.
- Partner with business units across the organization such as IT to create accounting templates for deposits and write offs.
- Assist in recording deposits and write offs.
- Document and maintain procedures for deposits, write offs and refunds. Liaise with business units across the organization to help establish the process and reporting.
- Assist in transitioning from cash to accrual. Develop processes that will track all insurance and tax liabilities in addition to invoices for accrual versus cash basis.
- Review billing process through H-Wave’s propriety patient billing software, PCMS, as the main AR subsystem. Develop processes integrating Syspro billing as part of PCMS where possible.
- Develop and maintain a document retention policy and collaborate with IT in managing these processes for the organization.
- Develop and maintain month end checklist of accruals.
- Record month end accruals.
- Develop and maintain processes for standard cost for inventory and inventory process working across teams.
- Develop processes which result in consolidating credit card merchant accounts to one account.
- CPA is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or related field
- 5 years previous experience as a Sr. Accountant
- Must have prior experience with standard costing and accounting for standard cost variances.
- Experience establishing a lockbox is strongly preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and interact well at all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
If the job is physically demanding, this should be stated in the job description. A physically demanding job is one where the incumbent is required to stand for extended periods of time, lift heavy objects on a regular basis, do repetitive tasks with few breaks, and so forth. [Ability to work overtime and long hours at a computer].
- Family focused company with a strong team environment at a purpose-driven company
- Base Salary
- Matching 401k
- Health/Life Insurance
- Optional Dental/Vision
- Paid Vacation