It’s Never Too Late To Recover | A WorkCompCentral Webinar
In the midst of this pandemic, our nation is still facing an opioid crisis and recent studies show overdoses have increased. This is confounded by the present mental health of our country and the ability to access medical care. Effective alternatives are available to those in need of help recovering from both acute and chronic injuries.
We were fortunate enough to be able to partner with WorkCompCentral® and AMVETS to bring you this webinar “It’s Never Too Late to Recover” which addresses these issues.
In this webinar you’ll hear from specialists with backgrounds in the insurance and workers compensation industry, pain management and physiatry, as well as the U.S. military. They each discuss their journeys dealing with chronic pain, treatments they’ve tried, struggles they’ve overcome, and recommendations on how to recover for those experiencing similar situations, especially while navigating the challenges of COVID-19 and the opioid epidemic.
The speakers include:
- Dr. Jeffrey Hazlewood, Pain Management Specialist
- Sherman Gillums, Chief Strategy Officer, AMVETS, Retired USMC
- Eddy Canavan, Chief Claims Advisor, Alta Claims Services
Topics to be Discussed:
- Breaking the cycle when the patient appears resistant to medical treatment
- The perspective and experiences of two Wounded Warriors as they forged a path to recovery and success
- Our Nation’s pain crisis and access to care during a pandemic
- How our mental health complicates recovery and isolation
- Effective treatment alternatives that disrupt the status quo
**PLEASE NOTE** – Although this video is presented as an educational course, CE credit cannot be issued when viewed from this page. In order to receive CE credit, you must view the program on the WorkCompCentral® website by registering for the free online course via this link: https://ww3.workcompcentral.com/education/course/course_pk/1332#